Be an intern with TCO and get real-world experience with one of the world's leading orchestras!
The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for students who want to gain practical, hands-on experience working with the Musical Arts Association. We accept interns on an "as needed' basis and applications are accepted at any time during the year. To be considered for an internship with The Musical Arts Association and The Cleveland Orchestra you must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or graduate).
For internships in our Archives, Operations, Chorus, Education, or Sales & Marketing departments, please complete the Internship Application. There are currently no internship opportunites available in Philanthropy and Advancement. Questions? Please contact the Human Resources Department.
Community Engagement Summer Event Interns
Community Engagement Event Interns provide hands-on assistance with preparation, set-up, facilitation, and clean-up for Cleveland Orchestra community events, appearances and other community programs throughout Northeast Ohio. This contracted seasonal position will receive a stipend on a by-event-basis. Candidates must be able to work at least two of the eight events to be eligible. Dates listed within application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Cleveland Orchestra representative, providing information about upcoming concerts and programs
- Assist with set-up, preparation, and clean up for community programs and events
- Facilitate program activities by engaging, encouraging, and providing instructional support for participating children and adults
- Maintain, organize and clean all instruments and supplies during events
- Track attendance and reach at each event
- Administer participant surveys during events as assigned
- Capture photos of participants during the event; draft social media posts for Instagram/Twitter
- Experience with music performance or music education preferred
- Experience working with school-aged children preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s license; access to own transportation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift objects and materials of at least 30 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to collaborate as a team member
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Please contact Sarah Lamb, Community Engagement Manager, with any questions at email@example.com (please no phone calls).
ARTS ADMINISTRATION MINORITY INTERNSHIP
Sponsored by KeyBank
Application Period: September 9 - November 8, 2019
The Cleveland Orchestra well be accepting applications for our KeyBank Intern Program later in 2019. Sponsored by KeyBank, the KeyBank Intern Program provides a paid internship opportunity for an African-American, Hispanic, Latino, or other ethnic minority college student who is interested in gaining hands-on experience in arts management.
The internship offers the student a unique opportunity to work with a world-class Orchestra and gain valuable experience in areas such as Development, Marketing, Communications, Education, Artistic Administration, Concert Production, and Archives. The internship may take place any time between March 1 and May 31 and requires a 6-week (sequential) commitment, with approximately 10+ hours each week on a flexible schedule that accommodates the student’s studies. A flat stipend of $2,500 is provided, as well as complimentary tickets to Cleveland Orchestra performances (based on availability).
The internship is awarded through a competitive application process. The deadline for application submission will be November 8, 2019. Only complete applications will be considered (note the recommendation letter required). Interested students can contact The Cleveland Orchestra’s Human Resources Department at (216) 231-7577 with any questions.