The Mighty Norton Memorial Organ Is Removed and Restored

The Norton Memorial Organ, considered to be one of the finest concert hall organs ever built, is one of the last, large E. M. Skinner organs still intact anywhere. The organ, installed in 1931 when Severance Hall was built, was repaired and refurbished by the Schantz Organ Company of Orrville, Ohio, and reinstalled during the summer of 2000, six months after Severance Hall reopened after significant renovation.

Organ pipes are removed from Severance Hall as the instrument is refurbished.

<< Back to Soundwave